This trimester in Silent Reading, you will need to give a short presentation to the class about a non-fiction title you read this trimester. Here are the guidelines for the presentations:
1. Title (including sub-title—lots of non-fiction books have these) and Author.
2. Show us the book. Tell us where you acquired the book and whether it is available from the NOVA Library. If you are not able to show us the physical book, explain why.
3. What is the subject of the book? Explain in simplified terms.
4. Did you like the book? Explain why or why not.
5. What is the reading level of the book? Challenging, difficult, moderate, easy? Give context so the audience can follow your reasoning.
6. What were the most interesting things you learned from reading the book? Give 2 or 3 examples.
7. Book presentations should be about 3 minutes in length.
8. Presentations begin Monday, February 1, and continue through Friday, February 26. You will need to sign up for a presentation day.
9. You can use Silent Reading time to prepare your presentation with note cards.
10. Unsatisfactory presentations will have to be re-presented.
Enrichment, Fall 2018
1 week ago