Here are the questions I got correct and the students whose parents asked the questions:
1. What city will host a Major League Soccer expansion team next year? (Leah D.)
2. Who was the shortest player in Major League history and what team did he play for? (Chase W.)Here are the questions I got incorrect:
1. Roberto Clemente wore the number "21" for a specific reason. What was it? (Casey W.)
2. Francis Michael "Whitey" Wistert was the first of three brothers who were All-American tackles in the Big Ten Conference. Whitey played 3 games in the major leagues. With which team did he play them? (Katie M.)
3. Name 3 of the 5 career leaders in on-base percentage in the Major Leagues. (Mr. Kenis)
4. Before Babe Ruth broke the all-time home run record, whose record did he break? (Alex E.)
5. The Golden Compass series of books by Philip Pullman feature people's souls taking animal forms. What other fantasy series published in the last 10 years also features people's souls taking the form of animals? (Hadrian B.)
6. What country is the world's largest producer of citrus fruits? (Natalie R.)
7. What city of at least 1,000,000 people is the farthest in the world from another city with a population of at least 1,000,000 people? (Gabe R.)
The winners will all receive a "I Stumped Mr. Gacek!" t-shirt. Non-winners will receive an "I Failed to Stump Mr. Gacek!" t-shirt. Altogether this event raised $450 for the financial aid fund at Nova. Thanks to all the parents for playing and for students for prodding your parents to play!
And you can play along at home. If you can get more correct than I did, then you are a trivia master!
The answers can be found here.
Oh, and I also won a raffle. I won the life-size cut-out of Catherine Zeta-Jones. Awesome!