Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Introducing Seattle Reign FC

The name of the Seattle team in the newly-formed National Women's Soccer League was announced today: Seattle Reign FC.  I'm actually not a big fan of the name.  I tend to dislike singular nouns as team nicknames: Storm, Thunder, Galaxy, etc.  Yuck.  However, the team crest is fantastic.  And I'm definitely excited that Seattle will have a women's professional team.  Remember, the Sounders Women are a semi-professional team.  Seattle Reign FC's chief rival will be Portalnd Thorns FC.  Hopefully, the top U.S. Women players will be joining the league.  I assume the Reign will be playing home matches at Starfire, but nothing has been announced yet.  It would definitely be cool if Seattle could play Portland in a match at CenturyLink.  So while I'll probably never love the name Seattle Reign FC, I will still be a proud supporter.  Let's Go, Reign FC!

No comments:

Post a Comment