1. Did you read at least 3 hours outside of class over the past two weeks?2. Did you have enough time for your reading, or did you feel rushed over the past two weeks?
3. Would you normally read at least 1.5 hours per week outside of school, or does keeping the reading log force you to read more than you ordinarily would?
4. What book did you choose for your new genre reading? What genre is it? Why did you choose this book? What were your expectations for the book? Did the book meet them? What did you like or not like about this particular book? Would you choose to read another similar book to this in the same genre?
You will make a presentation to the class on your New Genre Book. You will receive a score for Delivery and for Content. For your speech, you should speak clearly at an appropriate volume, make eye contact with the audience, and speak at an appropriate rate. You may use note cards. Presentations will begin February 19. Your presentation should address the following questions:1. Name the title and author of the book. Hold up the book for the class to see.
2. What genre is the book? Why did you choose a book from this genre? How widely have you read from this genre in the past?3. What were your expectations for the book? Why did you have these particular expectations?
4. How many stars would you give the book (out of 5)? Why did you give the book this rating? Be specific. Refer to specific elements of the book (plot, dialogue, description, explanation, characters, humor, complexity, etc) in explaining your answer. Do not merely state an opinion. Explain WHY you hold this opinion. Refer to specific elements of the book, but DO NOT summarize the plot or give away spoilers.5. Will you continue to read books from this genre? Why or why not?
6. What are you CURRENTLY reading? Display that book.