Read a mystery novel approved by Mr. Gacek. It must be from a series you have not read before.
following questions in complete paragraphs.
1. Who is the detective (or main mystery-solver
if they’re not technically a detective)?
Describe his or her personality.
Is the character likable? What
makes the character an effective mystery solver? Note: And Then There Were None, by
Agatha Christie, doesn’t have a traditional detective. If you read this book, explain who is trying
to solve the case, and how this scenario differs from most detective novels.
2. Who is the narrator of the novel? It will be either a character or an “omniscient
narrator.” Does the reader know more,
less, or the same amount of information as the characters? Did you feel the narration was effective for
the telling of the story? Why or why
3. Describe the mystery of the book. What is the detective attempting to solve?
4. Describe the solution to the book. How was the case solved? What evidence did the detective use in
solving the case?
5. Did you prefer this book or The Westing
Game? Explain your answer.
Thursday, April 11, 2013.
LINK to Portland trip letter and packing list!
2 weeks ago